The Ava Blog

Archiving all the unbelievable actions and words that come from 4 year old Ava.

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

We all had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. That is, until Ava wandered into my bedroom and found the wrapped Christmas gifts in my closet. She came and got me, and she wanted to know all about each and every one of the presents. I didn't want to scold her for being nosey, because it was the holiday after all. Big mistake! When she saw the present that was for her, she insisted on opening it right then and there. I told her that it would be more fun to guess about what was inside and then find out if her guess was correct on Christmas Eve. She was having none of it. She told me that we are supposed to get gifts on Thanksgiving. I told her that if I give her her gift now, she won't have anything to open up on Christmas. She told me she was fine with that. I finally had to say no. Thank God Evan came to get her to tell her they were leaving. I guess I'll have to find a new hiding place for the gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment